Executive Team Leader Food & Beverage Sales (Assistant Manager Grocery)- East Bay, CA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
1057 Eastshore Hwy
Albany, CA 94710-1011, US
ALL ABOUT TARGET
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say “I love Target!” When you work at Target, you’re helping every family discover the joy in everyday life. You’re working alongside a dedicated team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do. The food and beverage team works together to provide the guest a fresh, full, and food safe shopping experience all day, every day.
ALL ABOUT FOOD & BEVERAGE
The Food & Beverage team enables a consistent experience for our guests by ensuring product is fresh, in stock, available and accurately priced and signed on the sales floor. They are experts of operations, process and efficiency. This team leads food and food services including replenishment, inventory accuracy, food safety, presentation, pricing and promotional signing processes for all Food and Beverage areas of the store. At Target we believe in our team members having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career.
The role of a Food & Beverage Sales Executive Team Leader can provide you with the:
· Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience building and managing a guest first culture on your team
· Knowledge of Food and Beverage business fundamentals: department sales trends, freshness and quality, inventory management, guest shopping patterns, pricing and promotions strategies
· Experience in setting and planning department(s) monthly/quarterly workload to support business priorities and managing a team to deliver on sales goals
· Knowledge of the competition; leveraging insights to drive business objectives
· Experience managing a team of hourly team members and leaders; creating business specific strategies and goals
· Skills in recruiting, selecting, and talent management of hourly team members and leaders
As a Food & Beverage Sales Executive Team Leader, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities:
· Drive total store sales, understand your role in sales growth, and how your departments and team contribute to and impact total store profitability.
· Model guest service standards; and lead your team to deliver a fresh, full and food safe area during all operating hours.
· Create a guest-obsessed culture that prioritizes the guest experience and delivers on store sales goals. · Develop a strategy and utilize your workload planning tools to manage all scheduled workload ensuring you are guest ready at all times.
· Create a scheduling plan in partnership with your Team Leaders based off of monthly and weekly business workload and guest traffic.
· Manage Food & Beverage backroom and sales floor areas; walk Food & Beverage Standards to assess priorities and review reporting to identify business gaps for follow up.
· Oversee Food & Beverage Team Leader’s workload planning including transitions, revisions, sales plans, sampling and promotions.
· Validate, audit, and maintain food instocks and follow up on Team Leader’s execution of business plan and assignment sheet process. Follow-up on Team Leader’s management of DSD vendor performance.
· Know and assess the competition; and leverage guest insights and feedback to drive the business and be the destination of choice for our guests.
· Work a schedule that aligns to guest and business needs (this includes early morning, evening, overnight shifts and weekends)..
· Manage your team to uphold and maintain all Starbucks and Pizza Hut Brand Standards (where applicable).
· Foster a productive relationship with your Starbucks DM and follow up on key takeaways from their time in your store.
· Plan, manage and follow-up on organizational and operational change.
· Anticipate and identify changes in unique store trends.
· Anticipate staffing needs, talent plan and recruit – both long and short term.
· Develop and coach your team to elevate the skills and expertise of the team.
· Establish a culture of accountability through clear expectations and performance management.
· Become a subject matter expert in federal, state and local adult beverage laws as they apply to your business and protect your store’s liquor license (if applicable).
· Provide service and a shopping experience that meets the needs of the guest.
· Always demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance. Lead team to work in the same way and hold others accountable to this commitment.
· As a key carrier, follow all safe and secure training and processes.
· Address store needs (emergency, regulatory visits, etc.).
· All other duties based on business needs.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We might be a great match if:
· Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited…. We work efficiently and as a team to deliver for our guests
· Providing service to our guests that makes them say I LOVE TARGET! excites you…. That’s why we love working at Target
· Leading teams who are stocking, setting and selling Target products sounds like your thing… That’s the core of what we do.
· You aren’t looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day… We are busy all day (especially on the weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired and rewarded The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be a Food & Beverage Sales Executive Team Leader.
But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
· 4 year degree or equivalent experience
· Strong interest and knowledge of the food & beverage business
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong business acumen
· Comfortable dealing with ambiguity
· Manage conflict, lead and hold others accountable
· Relate well with and interact with all levels of the organization
· Strong cognitive skills, including problem analysis, decision making, financial and quantitative analysis · Learn and adapt to current technology needs
· Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
· Access all areas of the building to respond to guest or team member issues
· Interpret instructions, reports and information
· Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
· Accurately handle cash register operations
· Climb up and down ladders
· Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary