Software Engineering Internship Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
33 S 6th St
Minneapolis, MN 55402-3601, US
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services (TTS) is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
Target is looking for passionate software engineers to be part of an incredible 10-week internship opportunity at Target Headquarters in Minneapolis. During the internship, you and a fellow intern will be fully integrated into an engineering team at Target. You will receive hands on training and exciting work – no busy work here!
As an Engineering Intern, you will:
- Use your technology acumen to provide input and assist with evaluation of new technologies and contribute to the design, lifecycle management, and total cost of ownership of services.
- Contribute to research and proof-of-concept initiatives for new technologies and assist with code and design review; as well as write, organize and maintain code based on designs.
- With guidance, deliver high-performance, scalable, repeatable, and secure deliverables.
- Participate in structured construction, automation, debugging, and implementation activities, ensuring architectural and operational requirements and best practices are met.
- Resolve frequently encountered technical issues and monitor systems capacity with minimal assistance. Search and understand metadata about various data sources and metrics.
Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Currently enrolled in Computer Science/Networking/Computer Engineering program (or related technical discipline) at the junior status
Problem solver who likes to build things, tackle complex technical challengesDemonstrates proficiency in at least one programming languageDemonstrates and continuously builds upon domain-specific knowledgeLike collaborating with a team and possesses strong written and verbal communication skillsStays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education